Often problems can be fixed with a push of a button or a setting change (see our FAQs). If we determine your troubles are be mechanical, we will arrange for local repair or arrange warranty repair, on your behalf. In addition Points West Audio Visual has a “Service and Maintence” plan that can be customized for any organization depending on your requirements. A quote will be submitted for review upon request:
Points West Audio Visual
Service & Maintenance Plan
Extended Warranty, Service, and Support Coverage from the company you have trusted for 20 years. Points West Audio Visual Ltd. has designed a service and maintenance plan with you, our customer, in mind. Our goal is to support you and your organization with the purchase of technology but we also want to support you in maintaining and servicing that technology. From projector filters and lamps, to installing software updates, troubleshooting your SMART Board or FrontRow system, we are here to help and guide you along the path to smooth operation and minimal downtime.
Products we service include:
Product lines we proudly support:
Points West Audio Visual Ltd. has an excellent installation team specializing in technology installation from boardrooms to classrooms. If our team handles the installation of the equipment you purchase from Points West Audio Visual Ltd., you automatically receive the following service program for one year at no charge:
- Priority Telephone Support– If you require technical support of any type, we will respond by phone to your call within 30 minutes or sooner of your call request
- Priority Onsite Support– If our telephone support cannot resolve your concerns, we will dispatch a technician to be onsite
- Preventative Maintenance Service Call– A service call will made one year following your purchase in order to prevent premature failures reducing downtime and potentially voiding warranties. The service for a projector includes cleaning of the filter and fan, in addition to a cleaning of interior electronics. For screens, clean rear and front projection screen surfaces, check for security and safety of mounting hardware, and limit adjustments. For installed FrontRow, Anchor, Extron or SMART Audio Systems, a check of connections, replacement of batteries, and a sound check of microphones and speakers will be performed.
Points West Audio Visual Ltd. is a reputable reseller of many professional quality product lines. Often, we provide the equipment needed, but our installation services may not be required. If your organization chooses to have an alternate person/team install the equipment, we can provide you with a service agreement to address technical issues that may arise. Our Superior Service Agreement will assist you with maintaining and service your technology. The team at Points West Audio Visual Ltd. will always do our best to troubleshoot your problem over the phone. We can be reached by calling:
250.861.5424 or 800.761.7928 or
by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Priority Telephone Support– If you require technical support, we will assist you as quickly as possible and attempt to rectify the problem. If this is not possible, we may need to call our support network and determine a course of action
- Priority Onsite Support– Should you choose to participate in the Points West Audio Visual Ltd. Superior Service Agreement and you experience a failure in the equipment purchased through our company, our team of technicians will make a service call to your site. If you are located outside of Kelowna, travel costs above the service agreement may apply. Our team will then evaluate what is needed and if parts, additional time, and another service call is needed, additional fees may be charged. This will be outlined in writing prior to any further service being provided.
To participate in the Superior Service Agreement, payment options are available to you including:
- Monthly payments by major credit card
- Quarterly payments by major credit card or invoice
- Annual payments by major credit card of invoice
Points West Audio Visual Ltd. is recognized for our commitment to our customers. We provide quality equipment and we always try our best to support the people and organizations that support us. If service is required and you have not yet participated in the Superior Service Agreement, we will continue to assist you with your situation over the phone and if needed, a service call. A fee may apply.
- Priority Telephone Support– If you require technical support, we will assist you as quickly as possible and attempt to rectify the problem. If this is not possible, we may need to call our support network and determine a course of action.
- Priority Onsite Support– If our telephone support cannot resolve your concerns, we will dispatch a technician to be onsite and evaluate your specific situation. The fee for a service call within Kelowna, is $85.00. If you are located outside of Kelowna, travel costs may apply depending on the distance traveled. Our team will then evaluate what is needed. If the problem can be rectified within ½ hour of arriving, a fee beyond the additional service charge will not apply. If parts, additional time, and another call is needed, additional fees may be charged but this will be outlined in writing prior to any further service being
Most of our audio visual products carry one year limited parts and labour warranty. With some products, such as NEC digital projectors and displays, extended warranty coverage can be purchased. Warranty coverage is now even offered on digital projector lamps.
NEC service program options: Register Your NEC Product
InstaCare, 1st Year Coverage
Provides “Next Business Day Replacement” or “3 Day Repair and Return”.
When asset tracking is not critical but time is of the essence, the InstaCare repair/replacement program provides next business day replacement or three (3) day repair of the unit, dependent on customer preference and availability. NEC covers all shipping.
InstaCare comes standard with most VT, LT, and MT series projectors. Additional InstaCare coverage is available for a fee.
RepairCare, 1st Year Coverage
Provides “3 Day Repair and Return”.
In the event your display product requires depot repair under warranty, the RepairCare program minimizes your down time by guaranteeing a maximum three (3) business day repair of the unit. NEC covers shipping both ways.
RepairCare comes standard with most GT and WT series projectors.
Provides “2 Year Loaner or Repair and Return Coverage”.
For a one-time fee, the global traveler can utilize the TravelCare loaner program, which provides a temporary unit during warranty repair in many overseas locations. VT, LT, and MT series projectors are covered, and overseas repair is included if time permits.
TravelCare must be purchased within the first 90 days of ownership.